Graduate Teaching Assistants
- Lead discussion sections, tutorials, or laboratory sections.
- Evaluate and grade examinations, assignments, or papers and record grades.
- Return assignments to students in accordance with established deadlines.
- Schedule and maintain regular office hours to meet with students.
- Inform students of the procedures for completing and submitting class work, such as lab reports.
- Prepare or proctor examinations.
- Notify instructors of errors or problems with assignments.
- Meet with supervisors to discuss students' grades or to complete required grade-related paperwork.
- Copy and distribute classroom materials.
- Teach undergraduate level courses.
- Develop teaching materials, such as syllabi, visual aids, answer keys, supplementary notes, or course Web sites.
- Order or obtain materials needed for classes.
- Tutor or mentor students who need additional instruction.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.2%
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)