Administrative Services Managers
Educational requirements for managers vary widely. Some small businesses hire managers with associate’s degrees in business and extensive experience in the particular field in which they work, such as restaurants, retail stores, or wholesale manufacturing. However, managers in medium or large-sized businesses usually need bachelor’s degrees, preferably in business management. And many employers are now looking for managers with master’s of business degrees, which are almost always required for significant advancement.
- Virginia Business Magazine, Business Schools in Virginia (2-year through post graduate)
- The MBA Program Information Site
1. Payment of Professional Fees
Recertification includes payment of a $50 professional fee submission of a 10-hour professional development plan. Recertification invoices are mailed to CMs in January of each year and are due at ICPM by the end of February of the same year. Payment of the professional fee and submission of the professional development plan are required to fulfill the requirements for recertification.
2. Professional Development Plan
The 10-hour plan lists educational activities that a CM expects to complete during the upcoming year. A reporting form for your professional development plan will be provided as part of the annual fee statement. Acceptable professional development activities will help grow management, business or leadership skills. Suggested activities include:
3. Lapsed Certification:
CMs that fail to recertify annually will lose their current CM status. To bring a lapsed certification current, a CM must pay past due professional fees plus a $50 reinstatement fee.
- Use of the professional credential "Certified Manager"
- Use of the registered trademark "CM" for business purposes
- Management World - ICPM's online journal
- The Certified Letter - ICPM's online newsletter
- Jobtarget - ICPM's online job board
- CM Directory - a password - protected listing of thousands of CMs worldwide
Certification fees can be paid-as-you-go or paid-in-advance.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: Virginia Career VIEW Research.