Administrative Services Managers
Core Tasks Include:
- Direct or coordinate the supportive services department of a business, agency, or organization.
- Prepare and review operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Set goals and deadlines for the department.
- Acquire, distribute and store supplies.
- Analyze internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies.
- Monitor the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well-maintained.
- Hire and terminate clerical and administrative personnel.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Oversee construction and renovation projects to improve efficiency and to ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with government regulations.
- Conduct classes to teach procedures to staff.
- Participate in architectural and engineering planning and design, including space and installation management.
- Manage leasing of facility space.
- Dispose of, or oversee the disposal of, surplus or unclaimed property.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.