Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Manage backup, security and user help systems.
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, or participate in staffing decisions.
- Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
- Control operational budget and expenditures.
- Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)