Treasurers and Controllers
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.9%
National: + 6.8%
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)