Biofuels Production Managers
Core Tasks Include:
- Provide training to subordinate or new employees to improve biofuels plant safety or increase the production of biofuels.
- Provide direction to employees to ensure compliance with biofuels plant safety, environmental, or operational standards and regulations.
- Monitor transportation and storage of flammable or other potentially dangerous feedstocks or products to ensure adherence to safety guidelines.
- Draw samples of biofuels products or secondary by-products for quality control testing.
- Confer with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting biofuels plant safety, operational efficiency, and product quality.
- Supervise production employees in the manufacturing of biofuels, such as biodiesel or ethanol.
- Shut down and restart biofuels plant or equipment in emergency situations or for equipment maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Review logs, datasheets, or reports to ensure adequate production levels or to identify abnormalities with biofuels production equipment or processes.
- Prepare and manage biofuels plant or unit budgets.
- Monitor meters, flow gauges, or other real-time data to ensure proper operation of biofuels production equipment, implementing corrective measures as needed.
- Conduct cost, material, and efficiency studies for biofuels production plants or operations.
- Approve proposals for the acquisition, replacement, or repair of biofuels processing equipment or the implementation of new production processes.
- Adjust temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, or transfer of biofuels to maintain processes at required levels.
- Manage operations at biofuels power generation facilities, including production, shipping, maintenance, or quality assurance activities.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.