Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Advise students on issues such as course selection, progress toward graduation, and career decisions.
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the activities of personnel, including support staff, engaged in administering academic institutions, departments or alumni organizations.
- Recruit, hire, train, and terminate departmental personnel.
- Participate in student recruitment, selection, and admission, making admissions recommendations when required to do so.
- Formulate strategic plans for the institution.
- Plan, administer, and control budgets, maintain financial records, and produce financial reports.
- Establish operational policies and procedures and make any necessary modifications, based on analysis of operations, demographics, and other research information.
- Participate in faculty and college committee activities.
- Represent institutions at community and campus events, in meetings with other institution personnel, and during accreditation processes.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 8.6%
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)