Distance Learning Coordinators
- Develop or provide technical resources, such as course management and videoconferencing systems, networking, and webcasting, for distance learning programs.
- Prepare and distribute schedules of distance learning resources, such as course offerings, classrooms, laboratories, equipment, and web sites.
- Provide technical or logistical support to users of distance learning classrooms, equipment, web sites, or services.
- Analyze data to assess distance learning program status or to inform decisions for distance learning programs.
- Assess distance-learning technological or educational needs and goals.
- Communicate to faculty, students, or other users availability of, or changes to, distance learning courses or materials, programs, services, or applications.
- Create and maintain web sites or databases that support distance learning programs.
- Develop distance learning program goals or plans, including equipment replacement, quality assurance, or course offering plans.
- Direct and support the technical operation of distance learning classrooms or equipment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of distance learning programs in promoting knowledge or skill acquisition.
- Monitor technological developments in distance learning for technological means to educational or outreach goals.
- Negotiate with academic units or instructors and vendors to ensure cost-effective and high-quality distance learning programs, services, or courses.
- Prepare and manage distance learning program budgets.
- Prepare reports summarizing distance learning statistical data or describing distance learning program objectives and accomplishments.
- Purchase equipment or services in accordance with distance learning plans and budget constraints.
- Select, direct, and monitor the work of vendors that provide products or services for distance learning programs.
- Supervise distance learning support staff.
- Train instructors and distance learning staff in the use or support of distance learning applications, such as course management software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with distance learning equipment or applications.
- Communicate technical or marketing information about distance learning via podcasts, webinars, and other technologies.
- Conduct inventories of distance learning equipment, summarizing equipment usage data.
- Review distance learning content to ensure compliance with copyright, licensing, or other requirements.
- Write and submit grant applications or proposals to secure funding for distance learning programs.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.