Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Confer with management, production, or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
- Plan or direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, or repair of facilities or equipment.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, or findings to clients.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects.
- Direct, review, or approve project design changes.
- Prepare budgets, bids, or contracts.
- Assess project feasibility by analyzing technology, resource needs, or market demand.
- Direct recruitment, placement, and evaluation of architecture or engineering project staff.
- Review, recommend, or approve contracts or cost estimates.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.5%
National: + 2.0%
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)