Biofuels/Biodiesel Technology and Product Development Managers
- Develop lab scale models of industrial scale processes, such as fermentation.
- Provide technical or scientific guidance to technical staff in the conduct of biofuels research or development.
- Prepare, or oversee the preparation of, experimental plans for biofuels research or development.
- Prepare biofuels research and development reports for senior management or technical professionals.
- Design or conduct applied biodiesel or biofuels research projects on topics such as transport, thermodynamics, mixing, filtration, distillation, fermentation, extraction, and separation.
- Conduct experiments on biomass or pretreatment technologies.
- Conduct experiments to test new or alternate feedstock fermentation processes.
- Analyze data from biofuels studies, such as fluid dynamics, water treatments, or solvent extraction and recovery processes.
- Oversee biodiesel/biofuels prototyping or development projects.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.5%
National: + 2.0%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)