- Greet and register guests.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolve occupants' complaints.
- Assign duties to workers, and schedule shifts.
- Coordinate front-office activities of hotels or motels, and resolve problems.
- Participate in financial activities, such as the setting of room rates, the establishment of budgets, and the allocation of funds to departments.
- Confer and cooperate with other managers to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Manage and maintain temporary or permanent lodging facilities.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to facility's policies and procedures.
- Train staff members.
- Show, rent, or assign accommodations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operation of a department or establishment.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Interview and hire applicants.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 7.6%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)