Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes
- Collect fees, commissions, or other payments, according to contract terms.
- Confer with clients to develop strategies for their careers, and to explain actions taken on their behalf.
- Develop contacts with individuals and organizations, and apply effective strategies and techniques to ensure their clients' success.
- Schedule promotional or performance engagements for clients.
- Negotiate with managers, promoters, union officials, and other persons regarding clients' contractual rights and obligations.
- Keep informed of industry trends and deals.
- Manage business and financial affairs for clients, such as arranging travel and lodging, selling tickets, and directing marketing and advertising activities.
- Conduct auditions or interviews to evaluate potential clients.
- Arrange meetings concerning issues involving their clients.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 2.5%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)