Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Investigate, evaluate, and settle claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
- Pay and process claims within designated authority level.
- Adjust reserves or provide reserve recommendations to ensure that reserve activities are consistent with corporate policies.
- Enter claim payments, reserves and new claims on computer system, inputting concise yet sufficient file documentation.
- Resolve complex, severe exposure claims, using high service oriented file handling.
- Maintain claim files, such as records of settled claims and an inventory of claims requiring detailed analysis.
- Verify and analyze data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and that settlements are made according to company practices and procedures.
- Examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine whether to authorize payments.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 3.8%
National: + 3.3%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)