Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: - 7.5%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)