- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)