Core Tasks Include:
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals.
- Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or estate plans.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value and location of property.
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
- Serve as bankruptcy trustees or business valuators.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.