- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Direct the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Match appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for broader programs, including items for emergency funds.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
- Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, or explore alternative financing methods.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.6%
National: + 2.5%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)