Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Collect taxes from individuals or businesses according to prescribed laws and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of tax code changes, and of accounting procedures and theory to properly evaluate financial information.
- Maintain records for each case, including contacts, telephone numbers, and actions taken.
- Contact taxpayers by mail or telephone to address discrepancies and to request supporting documentation.
- Send notices to taxpayers when accounts are delinquent.
- Notify taxpayers of any overpayment or underpayment, and either issue a refund or request further payment.
- Impose payment deadlines on delinquent taxpayers and monitor payments to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Check tax forms to verify that names and taxpayer identification numbers are correct, that computations have been performed correctly, or that amounts match those on supporting documentation.
- Answer questions from taxpayers and assist them in completing tax forms.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.5%
National: No Data
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)