Computer Systems Analysts
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
- Define the goals of the system and devise flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)