Software Developers, Applications
Core Tasks Include:
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Determine system performance standards.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.