Software Developers, Systems Software
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Design or develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures.
- Direct software programming and development of documentation.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Coordinate installation of software system.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)