- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Train users and answer questions.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)