Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 7.9%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)