Business Intelligence Analysts
Core Tasks Include:
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Identify or monitor current and potential customers, using business intelligence tools.
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Identify and analyze industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications.
- Disseminate information regarding tools, reports, or metadata enhancements.
- Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs.
- Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources.
- Analyze technology trends to identify markets for future product development or to improve sales of existing products.
- Analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of related product, market, or share trends.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools.
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions.
- Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.