Video Game Designers
- Review or evaluate competitive products, film, music, television, and other art forms to generate new game design ideas.
- Provide test specifications to quality assurance staff.
- Keep abreast of game design technology and techniques, industry trends, or audience interests, reactions, and needs by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Create gameplay test plans for internal and external test groups.
- Provide feedback to designers and other colleagues regarding game design features.
- Balance and adjust gameplay experiences to ensure the critical and commercial success of the product.
- Write or supervise the writing of game text and dialogue.
- Solicit, obtain, and integrate feedback from design and technical staff into original game design.
- Provide feedback to production staff regarding technical game qualities or adherence to original design.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 0.5%
National: + 3.3%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)