Operations Research Analysts
- Formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Analyze information obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary.
- Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Study and analyze information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
- Prepare management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)