- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.0%
National: + 5.3%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)