Mechanical Engineering Technologists
- Prepare equipment inspection schedules, reliability schedules, work plans, or other records.
- Prepare cost and materials estimates or project schedules.
- Provide technical support to other employees regarding mechanical design, fabrication, testing, or documentation.
- Interpret engineering sketches, specifications, or drawings.
- Design specialized or customized equipment, machines, or structures.
- Design molds, tools, dies, jigs, or fixtures for use in manufacturing processes.
- Conduct failure analyses, document results, and recommend corrective actions.
- Assist engineers to design, develop, test, or manufacture industrial machinery, consumer products, or other equipment.
- Analyze or estimate production costs, such as labor, equipment, or plant space.
- Test machines, components, materials, or products to determine characteristics such as performance, strength, or response to stress.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 5.9%
National: - 0.3%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)