Manufacturing Production Technicians
- Build product subassemblies or final assemblies.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Prepare and assemble materials.
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Build packaging for finished products.
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Maintain inventory of job materials.
- Package finished products.
- Plan and lay out work to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Prepare production documents, such as standard operating procedures, manufacturing batch records, inventory reports, or productivity reports.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 5.9%
National: - 0.3%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)