Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists
- Supervise or provide technical direction to technicians engaged in nanotechnology research or production.
- Install nanotechnology production equipment at customer or manufacturing sites.
- Contribute written material or data for grant or patent applications.
- Produce images or measurements, using tools or techniques such as atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, optical microscopy, particle size analysis, or zeta potential analysis.
- Prepare detailed verbal or written presentations for scientists, engineers, project managers, or upper management.
- Prepare capability data, training materials, or other documentation for transfer of processes to production.
- Develop or modify wet chemical or industrial laboratory experimental techniques for nanoscale use.
- Collect or compile nanotechnology research or engineering data.
- Inspect or measure thin films of carbon nanotubes, polymers, or inorganic coatings, using a variety of techniques or analytical tools.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 5.9%
National: - 0.3%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)