Nanotechnology Engineering Technicians
- Repair nanotechnology processing or testing equipment or submit work orders for equipment repair.
- Maintain work area according to cleanroom or other processing standards.
- Set up or execute nanoparticle experiments according to detailed instructions.
- Compile information or prepare reports on nanotechnology experiments or applications.
- Record nanotechnology test results in logs, laboratory notebooks, or spreadsheet software.
- Produce detailed images or measurement of objects, using tools such as scanning tunneling microscopes or oscilloscopes.
- Perform functional tests of nano-enhanced assemblies, components, or systems, using equipment such as torque gauges or conductivity meters.
- Monitor equipment during operation to ensure adherence to specifications for characteristics such as pressure, temperature, or flow.
- Measure or mix chemicals or compounds in accordance with detailed instructions or formulas.
- Calibrate nanotechnology equipment, such as weighing, testing, or production equipment.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 5.9%
National: - 0.3%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)