Core Tasks Include:
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses, using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical or chemical separation techniques, or microscopy.
- Conduct chemical or physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative or quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, or gaseous materials.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Provide technical support or assistance to chemists or engineers.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products or processes, following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas.
- Maintain, clean, or sterilize laboratory instruments or equipment.
- Write technical reports or prepare graphs or charts to document experimental results.
- Order and inventory materials to maintain supplies.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, committees, or teams and by conducting laboratory or plant safety audits.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Develop or conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, or products.
- Direct or monitor other workers producing chemical products.
- Operate experimental pilot plants, assisting with experimental design.
- Develop new chemical engineering processes or production techniques.
- Design or fabricate experimental apparatus to develop new products or processes.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.