Environmental Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Supervise students' laboratory and field work.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: No Data
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)