Special Education Teachers, Kindergarten and Elementary School
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests to kindergarten or elementary students with special needs.
- Collaborate with other teachers or administrators to develop, evaluate, or revise kindergarten or elementary school programs.
- Confer with other staff members to plan or schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, or other professionals to develop individual education plans (IEPs).
- Confer with parents, guardians, teachers, counselors, or administrators to resolve students' behavioral or academic problems.
- Coordinate placement of students with special needs into mainstream classes.
- Develop individual educational plans (IEPs) designed to promote students' educational, physical, or social development.
- Develop or implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of disabilities.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.3%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)