- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Select or design, and purchase furnishings, art works, and accessories.
- Formulate environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity or selling merchandise.
- Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items.
- Render design ideas in form of paste-ups or drawings.
- Plan and design interior environments for boats, planes, buses, trains, and other enclosed spaces.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 3.6%
National: + 3.7%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)