Set and Exhibit Designers
- Examine objects to be included in exhibits in order to plan where and how to display them.
- Acquire, or arrange for acquisition of, specimens or graphics required to complete exhibits.
- Prepare rough drafts and scale working drawings of sets, including floor plans, scenery, and properties to be constructed.
- Confer with clients and staff in order to gather information about exhibit space, proposed themes and content, timelines, budgets, materials, and/or promotion requirements.
- Estimate set- or exhibit-related costs including materials, construction, and rental of props or locations.
- Develop set designs based on evaluation of scripts, budgets, research information, and available locations.
- Direct and coordinate construction, erection, or decoration activities in order to ensure that sets or exhibits meet design, budget, and schedule requirements.
- Inspect installed exhibits for conformance to specifications, and satisfactory operation of special effects components.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.7%
National: + 6.8%
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)