Coaches and Scouts
- Provide training direction, encouragement, motivation, and nutritional advice to prepare athletes for games, competitive events, or tours.
- Plan, organize, and conduct practice sessions.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Plan and direct physical conditioning programs that will enable athletes to achieve maximum performance.
- Instruct individuals or groups in sports rules, game strategies, and performance principles, such as specific ways of moving the body, hands, or feet, to achieve desired results.
- Teach instructional courses and advise students.
- Evaluate athletes' skills and review performance records to determine their fitness and potential in a particular area of athletics.
- Monitor athletes' use of equipment to ensure safe and proper use.
- Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to their sport.
- Develop and arrange competition schedules and programs.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)