Core Tasks Include:
- Memorize musical selections and routines, or sing following printed text, musical notation, or customer instructions.
- Sing as a soloist or as a member of a vocal group.
- Perform before live audiences, or in television, radio, or movie productions.
- Interpret or modify music, applying knowledge of harmony, melody, rhythm, and voice production to individualize presentations and maintain audience interest.
- Practice singing exercises and study with vocal coaches to develop voice and skills and to rehearse for upcoming roles.
- Sing a cappella or with musical accompaniment.
- Observe choral leaders or prompters for cues or directions in vocal presentation.
- Make or participate in recordings.
- Seek out and learn new music suitable for live performance or recording.
- Compose songs or create vocal arrangements.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Collaborate with a manager or agent who handles administrative details, finds work, and negotiates contracts.
- Learn acting, dancing, and other skills required for dramatic singing roles.
- Research particular roles to find out more about a character, or the time and place in which a piece is set.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.