Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 2.9%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)