Public Relations Specialists
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, or public interest groups.
- Confer with production or support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements or promotions.
- Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product or service awareness or to promote goodwill.
- Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, or services.
- Confer with other managers to identify trends or key group interests or concerns or to provide advice on business decisions.
- Consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.2%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)