Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
CERTIFICATION TO PERFORM COSMETIC PROCEDURES; APPLICABILITY:
A. In order for an oral and maxillofacial surgeon to perform aesthetic or cosmetic procedures, he or she shall be certified by the board. Such certification shall only entitle the licensee to perform procedures above the clavicle or within the head and neck region of the body.
B. Based on the applicant’s education, training and experience, certification may be granted to perform one or more of these or similar procedures:
4. Submental liposuction;
5. Laser resurfacing or dermabrasion;
6. Browlift (either open or endoscopic technique);
7. Platysmal muscle plication; and
1. Treatment of facial diseases and injuries, including maxillofacial structures;
2. Facial fractures, deformity and wound treatment;
3. Repair of cleft lip and palate deformity;
4. Facial augmentation procedures; and
For More Information, Contact:
Virginia Board of Dentistry
6603 West Broad St., 5th Fl.
Richmond, VA 23230-1712
American Association Of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgeons
9700 West Bryn Mawr Avenue
Rosemont, IL 60018-5701
American Board Of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery
625 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
The data sources for the information displayed here include: Virginia Career VIEW Research.