Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Teach classes in mental health topics such as stress reduction.
- Participate in activities aimed at professional growth and development including conferences or continuing education activities.
- Direct or provide home health services.
- Monitor the use and status of medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Develop practice protocols for mental health problems based on review and evaluation of published research.
- Develop, implement, or evaluate programs such as outreach activities, community mental health programs, and crisis situation response activities.
- Treat patients for routine physical health problems.
- Write prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by state regulations and collaborative practice agreements.
- Refer patients requiring more specialized or complex treatment to psychiatrists, primary care physicians, or other medical specialists.
- Provide routine physical health screenings to detect or monitor problems such as heart disease and diabetes.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)