Core Tasks Include:
- Observe patient food intake and report progress and dietary problems to dietician.
- Prepare a major meal, following recipes and determining group food quantities.
- Analyze menus or recipes, standardize recipes, or test new products.
- Supervise food production or service or assist dietitians or nutritionists in food service supervision or planning.
- Plan menus or diets or guide individuals or families in food selection, preparation, or menu planning, based upon nutritional needs and established guidelines.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Determine food and beverage costs and assist in implementing cost control procedures.
- Develop job specifications, job descriptions, or work schedules.
- Select, schedule, or conduct orientation or in-service education programs.
- Provide dietitians with assistance researching food, nutrition, or food service systems.
- Deliver speeches on diet, nutrition, or health to promote healthy eating habits and illness prevention and treatment.
- Refer patients to other relevant services to provide continuity of care.
- Conduct nutritional assessments of individuals, including obtaining and evaluating individuals' dietary histories, to plan nutritional programs.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.