Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary.
- Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multi counting machines, or pencil and paper.
- Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
- Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines.
- Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in take-out bags.
- Notify kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Cook or reheat food items such as french fries.
- Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware after meals.
- Collect and return dirty dishes to the kitchen for washing.
- Relay food orders to cooks.
- Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Less than a High School Diploma
One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)