First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- Establish and enforce operating procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
- Direct activities of workers who perform duties, such as landscaping, cultivating lawns, or pruning trees and shrubs.
- Schedule work for crews, depending on work priorities, crew or equipment availability, or weather conditions.
- Plant or maintain vegetation through activities such as mulching, fertilizing, watering, mowing, or pruning.
- Monitor project activities to ensure that instructions are followed, deadlines are met, and schedules are maintained.
- Train workers in tasks such as transplanting or pruning trees or shrubs, finishing cement, using equipment, or caring for turf.
- Provide workers with assistance in performing duties as necessary to meet deadlines.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.0%
National: + 5.3%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)