Pest Control Workers
- Record work activities performed.
- Inspect premises to identify infestation source and extent of damage to property, wall, or roof porosity and access to infested locations.
- Spray or dust chemical solutions, powders, or gases into rooms, onto clothing, furnishings, or wood, or over marshlands, ditches, or catch basins.
- Clean work site after completion of job.
- Direct or assist other workers in treatment or extermination processes to eliminate or control rodents, insects, or weeds.
- Drive truck equipped with power spraying equipment.
- Study preliminary reports or diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
- Recommend treatment and prevention methods for pest problems to clients.
- Measure area dimensions requiring treatment, calculate fumigant requirements, and estimate cost for service.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: - 1.2%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)