First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
- Assign work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of service.
- Inspect work areas or operating equipment to ensure conformance to established standards in areas such as cleanliness or maintenance.
- Train workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explain company policies.
- Observe and evaluate workers' appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.
- Meet with managers or other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations.
- Inform workers about interests or special needs of specific groups.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding worker performance or services rendered.
- Requisition necessary supplies, equipment, or services.
- Analyze and record personnel or operational data and write related activity reports.
- Furnish customers with information on events or activities.
- Collaborate with staff members to plan or develop programs of events, schedules of activities, or menus.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)