Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
- Greet patrons attending entertainment events.
- Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or date issued.
- Guide patrons to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency.
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to safety rules.
- Provide assistance with patrons' special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
- Refuse admittance to undesirable persons or persons without tickets or passes.
- Settle seating disputes or help solve other customer concerns.
- Assist patrons in finding seats, lighting the way with flashlights, if necessary.
- Search for lost articles or for parents of lost children.
- Sell or collect admission tickets, passes, or facility memberships from patrons at entertainment events.
- Clean facilities.
- Assist patrons by giving directions to points in or outside of the facility or providing information about local attractions.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.7%
National: + 5.4%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)