Tour Guides and Escorts
- Conduct educational activities for school children.
- Escort individuals or groups on cruises, sightseeing tours, or through places of interest such as industrial establishments, public buildings, or art galleries.
- Describe tour points of interest to group members, and respond to questions.
- Monitor visitors' activities to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices.
- Greet and register visitors, and issue any required identification badges or safety devices.
- Distribute brochures, show audiovisual presentations, and explain establishment processes and operations at tour sites.
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors.
- Select travel routes and sites to be visited based on knowledge of specific areas.
- Research various topics, including site history, environmental conditions, and clients' skills and abilities to plan appropriate expeditions, instruction, and commentary.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 5.1%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)