Gaming Change Persons and Booth Cashiers
Core Tasks Include:
- Count money and audit money drawers.
- Keep accurate records of monetary exchanges, authorization forms, and transaction reconciliations.
- Exchange money, credit, and casino chips, and make change for customers.
- Listen for jackpot alarm bells and issue payoffs to winners.
- Maintain cage security according to rules.
- Reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Work in and monitor an assigned area on the casino floor where slot machines are located.
- Obtain customers' signatures on receipts when winnings exceed the amount held in a slot machine.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Calculate the value of chips won or lost by players.
- Furnish change persons with a money bank at the start of each shift.
- Accept credit applications and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts.
- Perform minor repairs on slot machines, such as clearing coin jams.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.